Posted: September 10, 2021
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Advanced technology is great, but it’s people that make it work. If you’re the kind of person who wants to have fun while using your skills to advance your career, we should talk. Oh yeah, we also offer competitive pay and a very strong benefits package. So there’s that. You in? Let’s get started.
Xiber is looking for an experienced Telecommunications Field Technician to work with in its multi-state operations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for and knowledgeable in installation of internet, television, and other telecommunications networks at Xiber projects across the US, including, without limitation, installation of: customer premises equipment (CPE), copper and fiber-optic cabling and terminations, radio-frequency (RF) transmission and reception equipment (sometimes at heights), and networking equipment (racks, cabinets, routers, switches).
The ideal candidate will have the following experience or skills
- At least 2 years of experience in installation of telecommunications networks and cabling.
- Experience in fiber-optic cable (fusion) splicing and termination and copper splicing and termination as well as cable and conduit placement and pulling fundamentals.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer networking, internet, and Wi-Fi issues.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Owns reliable transportation that can make round trips of at least 500 miles.
- Knowledge of cable television installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience and lack of fear of working at heights in excess of 6’.
- Ability to climb tall ladders and towers and work in an elevated bucket.
- Tower climbing experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather.
- RF transmission work and alignment experience a plus.
- High school diploma or GED minimum; applicable tower-climbing, networking, cabling, or RF certifications or a degree are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office365 products (Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, etc) and documentation and communication to colleagues of work through photography and commentary.
- Professional communicator that can deal calmly, professionally, and effectively with colleagues and customer end-users, managers, and customer technical staff alike.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of and adherence to safety standards, including OSHA standards.
Xiber is competitive!
We provide a competitive package of benefits including paid time off and company holidays, 401(k) with match, health benefits, and continuing education benefits. Xiber is an equal opportunity employer.
High school or equivalent
Pay Per Hour
$20.00 - $22.00
Installation of telecommunication networks & cabling
Experience : 1 year*
401K + Health Insurance + PTO
Willing to Travel
Monday - Friday | weekend availability